Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Risotto Recap


Recently I asked my blogging buddy, Dominic Condo to come up with some amazing recipe for Pumpkin Risotto. I had tasted a similar dish in Italy and fell in love at first bite. I haven't had anything like it since (and that was 7 years ago)....until Tuesday!

I actually made the recipe as featured on the Cucina Domenico blog and WOW was it yummy. The only modification I made was adding chicken. I cooked up some lightly seasoned chicken breasts (Italian herbs, sea salt, hot pepper) and then sliced them thinly on a diagonal. Then I coarsely chopped the thin slices into smaller, bite sized pieces, which I stirred into the risotto towards the end.

When I initially looked at the recipe, I thought 1 - 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree was quite a bit. Boy, was I wrong. I think I used nearly two cups because the flavor and the aroma were that awesome. It just goes to show - don't question a paisano's recipe - he probably knows what he's talking about! So have no fear and give it a shot (of amaretto). I did, and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...