Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy St. Valentine's Day (An Italian Love Story)

Being the most romantic holiday of the year, I thought it only appropriate to share a love story. Only this love story is a little close to my heart, as it is about my great grandparents.

It is an especially relevant story given our economic times, since it all happened during the Great Depression. But even in those tough times, the love of their family saw them through.

I think that in struggles and hardships, it is always important to focus on what you DO have. You know, 'count your blessings' and still try to enjoy life. After all, sometimes if you don't laugh, you cry!

So please read my latest article about my great grandmother Josephine Strati and her husband James Savino, who crossed many hard roads to pave the way for future generations. Had they not struggled like they did, I would not be the Italian mamma I am today.

My grandmother, Helen Pusateri, wrote this whole story down from her memory. She did this for me so that I could preserve it and pass on the lessons to my children. I only hope you can all share in the joy and pride it brings me whenever I hear it. We should be proud of our ancestors, who came to America to start a better life for us.

To the article, visit my link on the www.italiansrus.com website, or click here to access it directly. This is a true Italian love story.

CIAO, and much love from una mamma italiana this Valentine's Day....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...