Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's new in my life...


"La poverta e la madre di tutte le arti."

Necessity is the mother of invention.

I'm sure this Italian proverb is true for so many people in today's economy, but I figured it was the perfect chance to relate what it means for the Una Mamma Italiana. Everyone could use a little extra denaro right now, and this mamma is too busy to get any of that from a conventional job. Chasing after my four bambini is already like working a double shift! Now, I could go to work overnight or something, but we ALL know I'm too lazy for that! This mamma needs her sleep...

So out of necessity, some friends and I created our own "invention" of a business. We named it "Tre Amici," which is, of course, Italian for "Three Friends." We put our crafty sides to work to make hand painted wood signs. Sound spretty basic, but let me tell you - it's a lot of work! We've been doing craft fairs and shows almost every weekend. And filling special orders has taken up a bunch of our free time, but we're not complaining!

Since I'm in charge of keeping up our blog, I figured it was about time to share it with all of you. Here's a sign we recently finished that would work wonders in my kitchen...

For the past few months, my amici and I have had a lot of laughs pretending to have "company luncheons." We also thoroughly enjoy hanging up on people because we are "in a meeting." It's been a blast to say the least! So if you are interested in our latest endeavor, check out our blog:


We're in the process of painting up some Italian signs saying:

"Sempre Famiglia"
"Ciao!"
"Fede Speranza Amore"

We would LOVE any input on some sign ideas. What quotes would Italians really like to see up in their homes? Post a comment here or on our "business" blog if you would like to help! Grazie!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...