Monday, January 31, 2011

Grandma Rose's Zucchini Pie!


Every few months, some friends and I get together at my house for "Breakfast at Tiffany's!" It's usually on a weekday morning, after we drop the kids off at school. Everyone brings something to eat & drink while we just relax and enjoy each other's company. It's a great break for some friends on their way to work, and an even better break for the mom's of little kids that would otherwise wreak havoc at ...(gasp)... a public coffee shop! (never MY little ones, of course....)


Anyway, last week, I made my Grandma Rose's recipe for Zucchini Pie. It's a simple recipe that is light enough to have for brunch, and is served well best when warm or at room temp (perfect for a long, drawn out coffee gathering). I love this recipe so much, if I don't have it for brunch, I sometimes make it alongside a light pasta dish and eat a piece with some marinara on the side.

ZUCCHINI PIE
1/2 cup vegi oil
4 eggs
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 cup self rising flour
3 cups sliced zucchini
cayenne pepper

Mix wet ingredients. Mix in the flour. Combine with the sliced zucchini. Spread evenly into a casserole dish and sprinkle the top lightly with cayenne pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool, cut, and serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...