Saturday, October 11, 2008

All Natural Air Freshener

Spending hours cooking a good meal should not mean spending hours with it's lingering smell. It's one thing to smell garlic cooking when you walk in for dinner....but all night long? That can be annoying. And it's the worst when you've fried something. For example, I made a rather large batch of polpettini yesterday and have been smelling the grease ever since.
The cure? An all natural air freshener....


Bring a small pot of water to a boil.

Add:

cinnamon sticks

groung ginger

ground cloves

orange

lemon peel

Let simmer.


I do this after a big meal and it makes the house smell so cozy! It's the perfect scent for the coming season too! And it lasts....I leave the pot covered and re-use it all day long. Just turn on the heat when you need a stronger scent. But you'll be surprised at how fast this freshens up your home!

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my absolute favorite smell ever. It reminds me of Fall and the holidays around my parents house. Honestly, nothing smells better than this blend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...