Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some food with your garlic?

I am painfully ignoring the sound of my stomach growling at me as I take the time to honor the ever so tasty....the pungently smelly.....the historically infamous...... garlic clove. It is amazing what you can do with a clove of garlic. It is more amazing what you can do with 40 cloves (40 is the number of garlic cloves per small batch of marinara sauce in my house.....) And so it is only fair to say that I season my garlic with food. If you are Italian and you don't agree, I would like to say you could plead ignorance...but you can't. Any respectable Italian household uses garlic on a daily basis. I make homemade garlic butter by the pound and keep it in the fridge for those morning cravings. (Yes, I eat garlic toast for breakfast) And having fought through the crowds of the many garlic groupies and followers, I have more than earned the title of garlic's number one fan. Anyone dare to dispute that? ....... I didn't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...