Friday, December 5, 2008

A late followup on Thanksgiving!

What a spread......





















As you can see, we had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. And now, a whole week later, we arejust as thankful that the madness is over (and so are the leftovers!) But what a day. We spent the day eating a fabulous (early) dinner at my parent's house. This was, of course, preceded by a game of tackle football in the yard, in which my son's jeans were ruined with grass stains (thanks honey).

Nonetheless, I love that they hosted Thanksgiving because it took a lot of the burden off of me!! I did, however, bring the sweet potatoes (recipe to follow) which were quite tasty if I do say so myself...
Then we went for dessert at my in-laws' which was especially great for my kids because almost all of their cousins were there (9 of them...which totals 12 kids in one house - most under the age of 7!) It was chaos (but great) which is why I was able to take NO pictures that night:)
But, as promised, here's the recipe for those sweet potatoes:





SWEET AND SAVORY SWEET POTATOES


1 5lb. bag of sweet potatoes
3 TB pure maple syrup
2 TB brown sugar
3 TB melted butter
cayenne pepper
black pepper
sea salt

Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Combine remaining ingredients and toss cubed potatoes until coated. (Use salt and pepper according to your taste, although the beauty of this dish is the spicy with the sweet)

Spread onto a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender and slightly browned on the edges.
Now, mangia!
I hope you all had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I did. I would love to hear your recipes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos - I always miss Thanksgiving at my Grandma's this time of year. She usually made ricotta pastries, fire baccala, and my aunt made pizelles.

Dominic Condo said...

Looks fantastic! Definitely gonna try that recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...